Sunday, April 27, 2014

April 27th
Well I made it to the hotel room. The flight was good, the bags arrived, and the man with the sign with my name on it was at the airport to take me to the hotel. At first he couldn't find the hotel but with the help of his GPS and finely my saying there it is we got to the Real Paeque hotel. Then the fun began. They said we can't find your reservations. Fortunately I had emailed all the hotels a while back to get written confirmation from them-not just our travel agent that we had paid reservations. More waiting and some back room phone conversations. Then another women appears with the women behind the desk and they said we are taking you to our 5 star sister hotel down the street and you will be staying there-no additional cost. The original hotel was 4 star. I said my husband will be showing hp in the other hotel tomorrow. I will try to meet him but if I don't please redirect him. I had a nice buffet brunch after I got settled and decided to go for a walk around a large park near by.
This was a tile mosaic on a very elaborate but derelict building in the park 

Another view of the same building

A view from the park looking all the way down to the water at the bottom of Lisbon. They say it's about a half our walk down but then you take the metro back up the hills.

View from the park looking up to the Palace of Justice

The top of that first ornate derelict building
I came back to the hotel and was totally exhausted. I didn't get much sleep on the plane and with a 5 hr. time difference (6 hrs. in Madrid) well you get the picture. I absolutely had to have a nap- George always says stay up and don't take a nap- George isn't here so..... I feel much better after my nap and I'm sure I will still sleep tonight. More tomorrow. I hope. I'm having trouble with the external memory card I got to store the photos. I'm hoping George can help with that when he arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment