Monday, April 28, 2014

April 28th
I woke up this morning at about 7:15 later than I wanted to but I had a good night's sleep. I tried to call George but I could not. I was about to get dressed and go up to the other hotel where he thought I was when he knocked on the door. Fortunately they told him that they had up graded us to another hotel. The weather here is beautiful= sunny and warm. We walked all over Lisbon until George's feet had had enough- so we took the metro back to our hotel for a rest. Maybe more walking later. Lisbon is very hilly with cobble stone streets.
One of many monuments in Lisbon. All of the cobble stone streets are done in patterns. Quite lovely.

Arch at the plaza of commerce


Plaza of commerce by the waterfront in Lisbon
Panoramic view point at the top of Lisbon where we walked. The castle is in the picture. We did not walk there.

View of Lisbon with the bridge designed by the same person who designed the San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment