Wednesday, May 7, 2014

May 7th.
Well todays post almost didn't happen. My photography teachers always said back up your photos every day because sooner or later your memory card will become corrupted. Well that never happened to me- until today. I got a write and read error and lost all my photos on the card. Fortunately I listened to my teacher and so I only lost today's pictures. All photos on today's blog are George's pictures. We went to Guimaraes first today. We saw the castle and the dukes palace which were both together. Then we went to Mateus Palace. This is the same Mateus where Mateus wines come from. After that we went back to Porto and went on  tour of the Sandeman Port caves. We would have had to wait for an hour and a half for an English tour but the French tour was starting in 5 minutes. Fortunately George speaks French so we took that tour and George told me all about at after words. We then had dinner at an outdoor cafĂ© along the river front then finally hiked back up to the hotel. Here are some of George's pictures from today.
 
Castle in Guimaraes

Dukes Palace in Guimaraes


Mateus Palace
Mateus Palace

Mateus Palace

Porto by the river

Sandeman  Port Wine Cave Porto

 

No comments:

Post a Comment